- 4 free-range eggs, separated
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 300ml/½pint double cream
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Slowly whisk in the caster sugar, then continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Fold the cream, egg yolks and your chosen flavouring (see ingredients list) into the meringue mixture until well combined.
- Pour into a plastic container and freeze for at least two hours.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g/3½oz stem ginger, chopped, plus 4 tbsp syrup from the jar
Coffee and brandy flavour
- 2-3 tbsp coffee essence
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 150ml/5fl oz sieved raspberry/Strawberry purée
Rum and raisin flavour
- 100g/3½oz raisins soaked in 4 tbsp rum for 2 hours